[guide.chat] blue john

  • From: "Kevin Burgin" <kevin.burgin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:42:13 +0100

Hi

Blue John can be found in many places including Castleton, Whitby and Sheffield
and Cromer.  You only have to find the right shop that sells stones and semi
precious stones.  It comes in many colours such as brown, green, purple and
blu.  You can just buy it in little chunks for a couple of pounds or you can
buy vases are statues made of blue john.

It used too be mined in Derbyshire.  I have been down the mine but it was not
flooded and I did not have to get into a boat.

Kevin