[guide.chat] Welsh football manager

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:53:36 -0000

it was announced at mid day today that the ex player and late welsh team
manager had died aged just 42 at home in Chester, later we were told that he
had hanged himself and that local police were not looking for anyone else in
connection with his death, it was announced to the crowd at the 1.30 start of
the Swansea against Aston Villa game and some called for the match to be
scrapped, didn't hear if the game did go ahead but the crowd were asked for a
minutes silence which was followed by loads of applause, everyone is shocked as
to know why such a young and succesful family man should hang himself, who
knows if the truth will be announced, the news has made a lot of people cry and
many people came out with tributes, but all who spoke told of a decent man and
no one wanted to believe what they had heard, the welsh were doing well under
his management and this has hit a lot of the team badly, our thoughts go out to
his wife and 2 children, R.I.P. Gary Speed, from the shocked Saints reporter,
Vanessa