[guide.chat] Tory

  • From: "Scott C" <castledine10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Keith Wines" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:01:09 +0100

A first year teacher explains to her class that she is a Tory voter. She asks
her students to raise their hands if they are tory's too. Not really
knowing what a tory was, but wanting to be like their teacher, their
hands flew up into the air.

There was, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy had not gone along with
the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. '
Because I'm not a Tory.' 'Then,' asks the teacher, 'What are you?' 'Why
I'm a proud Labour voter in waiting,' boasts the little girl.

The teacher, a little perturbed and her face slightly red, asks Lucy why she
Will be a labour voter. 'Well, I was brought up to trust in myself instead of
relying on an intrusive government to care for me and do all of my thinking.
My Dad and Mom are labour voters, and I am a labour voter too.'

The teacher, now angry, loudly says, 'That's no reason! What if your Mom was
a moron, and your dad was a moron. What would you be then?' Lucy pauses,
then begins to smile. 'Then,' she says, 'I'd be a Tory.