[guide.chat] To Daft Jim

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:03:09 +0100

HELLO JIM
I had to say that oh your so funny
now your daft too just like me and clare hahahahahahaha
nice to know that I am not the only simple one on here now got gang of us
hahahahahahahaha
welcome to our mad house on here  lovely to hear what you do
I used to run deafblind club back in 2004 with my ex boyfriend
we used room in our methodist church every tuesdays
so easy to start club up.

If anybody on here fancy running themselves a little blind club
or you do is this

Find a venue
for example church or hall or care home or libraury

You go and pay a bisit to the staff or bosses in the places or minister in
church.

You meet up tell him you are thinking of setting club up once a week

Then you ask him if the hall to the church free any days of the week.

for example if he says yes, then you tell him you would like to set club up on
that day for couple of hours once a week

once person has agreed and its free of charge
bob your uncle your on your way.

So next thing is,you advertise for blind members
ask around advertise it on your local newspaper or put posters up

in your doctors clinic eye hospital blind society etc

once people start ringing you get so many in the hall
all have introduction day then cup of tea
then you advertised for volunteers
oh its a great project once you have started it.

 once its moving then your volunteers can call the bingo out blind dominoes
make cups of tea and sandwiches
its very important to collect one pound from your members in there that will
pay for sandwiches and mugs of tea or coffee

its a brilliant thing to do

lack of blind clubs about nowdays

Love Carol xxxx