[guide.chat] The change of life

  • From: "John Keel" <j.keel1428@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chat forum" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 00:18:40 -0000

A guide dog owner is stopped in the street by one of these women with a clip
board who asks a lot of silly questions.
Woman: "How long is it since you lost your sight?"
GDO: About three years ago."
Woman: What sort of sport did you do before then?
GDO: I liked the occasional game of golf or squash. I played inside right for
my local football team and sometimes enjoyed a game of cricket.
Woman: You won't be able to do any of those now, so what do you do as a hobby?
GDO: I go sky diving.
Woman: How on earth do you do that?
GDO: It's very simple. My wife drives me to the airport, they get me on the
plane, the instructor puts the harness with the parachute on me and when the
plane gets to the correct height, they open the door and I jump. After a few
seconds, I pull the cord and the parachute opens and I glide down. It's a great
 feeling."
Woman: That sounds wonderful, but how do you know when you are about to reach
the ground?"
GDO: "No problem. The lead on the dog goes slack."