[guide.chat] The Matilda magazine on email

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:55:01 +0100

This is the Matilda Ziegler Magazine
Special Notices and Pen Pals Supplement August 14, 2012
Address: 20 Thorndal Circle
Darien, CT 06820
Local Phone: 203-604-8601
Toll Free: 877-424-5481
Website: www.matildaziegler.com
Email: editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ross Hammond, Editor

Table of Contents

Events
Special Notices - New Listings
Pen Pals - New Listings
Special Notices - Previous Listings
Special Notices - Permanent Listings
Pen Pals - Previous Listings

You may skip to a new posting or section at any time by using your browser or
word processor's Find or Search function to look for the ### symbol.  For
entries within a section of the supplement, search for the ## symbol.

Disclaimer:  The following submissions are received from magazine subscribers
or outside organizations who have asked to place free listings in our magazine.
 The Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind gladly serves as a vehicle for
these postings, but neither the Matilda Ziegler Magazine for the Blind or its
affiliates personally endorse any listings held within this supplement.

EVENTS

Science Sense Tours

Visitors who are blind or partially sighted are invited to attend this program,
held monthly in the Museum galleries. Specially trained Museum tour guides
highlight specific themes and exhibition halls, engaging participants through
extensive verbal descriptions and touchable objects.

Science Sense is free with Museum admission.

Saturday, September 22nd, 10:00 AM - Dinosaurs

Join our guides on a paleontological adventure through the Koch Dinosaur Wing.

Thursday, October 18th, 2:30 PM - Mexico and Central America

Explore the cultures of the Olmec, Aztec and Maya. Discover their beliefs,
gods, and myths in the Hall of Mexico and Central America.

Sunday, November 11th, 10:00 AM - Vertebrate Origins

Explore the story of the burgeoning of vertebrates through the oceans and onto
land in the Hall of Vertebrate Origins.

Wednesday, December 12th, 2:30 PM - Primitive and Advanced Mammals

Examine the fossil mammal specimens that illustrate the story of vertebrate
evolution in the Hall of Primitive Mammals and the Hall of Advanced Mammals.

Science Sense tours are available to individuals or groups.  Space is limited
and advance registration is required. Programs may be subject to change.

For additional information or to register for a Science Sense tour, please call
(212)313-7565 or emailaccessibility@xxxxxxxx
###
SPECIAL NOTICES - New Listings
National Braille Press's Top 15 Best-sellers at the Conventions!

Listed below are the top 15 bestsellers at the recent NFB and ACB conventions,
starting with #1:

1. Twenty-One Apps We Can't Live Without
2. Getting Started with the iPhone and iOs5 for Blind Users
3. Magnet: Just when the caterpillar...
4. That's Not My Teddy
5. iPhone Tactile Screenshot Quick Reference Guide
6. Magnet: Life isn't about waiting...
7. Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
8. Magnet - Awesome Takes Practice
9. Stir It Up! Recipes & Techniques for Young Blind Cooks
10. Love You Forever
11. Tuesday Morning Quotations
12. Sudoku: Easy to Hard
13. Curious George and the Ice Cream Surprise
14. Summer Cocktail Recipes
15. Twenty-six Useful Apps for Blind iPhone Users

To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302

Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.

Or order any of our books online at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html
##
Joe Naulty has a 1931 Ford Model A pick up for sale.  Joe Naulty's phone number
is (321) 768-9500 he is asking 20,000 or best offer, Joe Naulty is a blind man
who built this truck from the ground up, he has built several cars and has
owned several Model A's.  He is the past president of the newly named National
Association of Blind Automobile Enthusiasts Division of The National Federation
of the Blind.  We sell model cars and trucks at our national conventions and
have some left.  People who would like to buy them can contact Joe Naulty in
Florida at (321) 768-9500 for more information about the real drivable truck
and models.
##
Blind Access Training offers live one-on-one or group training services
covering applications such as office 2007 or office 2010.  We use Jaws for
windows, NVDA and Window Eyes to conduct all of our training via skype or in
our online classroom using talking-communities.

If you are learning office 2007 or 2010 applications for the first time or
transitioning from one operating system to another and need assistance becoming
familiar with your new operating system, we may assist.

Along with screen reader computer training, we also offer web development
training for anyone interested in learning: HTML, CSS, JavaScript or PHP.  If
desired to learn one of the Aforementioned topics, you must pay $79.95
per-topic and you will be billed monthly until training is complete.

If you are looking to create a website and prefer to pay a one-time fee, then
we recommend signing up for our full web development training where we will
teach you the previous topics along with website management up-to-three months.

If you are a web master and you do not have the time to fulfill your daily
obligations for the website in question, we also   offer web master services.

Blind Access Training also offers group training for those who benefit from
working within a group setting using our   online classroom for both screen
reader computer training and web development training.  It is important to note
that for group training, we require a 10-person maximum and a 3-person minimum.
 If signing up for group training and there isn't enough interest, we will
charge you for the individual rate for your training.  Please visit us on the
web for more information or to contact us for clarification or if you have any
questions and a trainer will respond.

Blind Access Training is aware of the hardships people face with finances, so
we also offer monthly flat rates for training services, if the client is
desperately in need of training or simply cannot afford the regular charge.  We
believe that everyone should be given a chance to become successful, so we will
negotiate rates for those in need.

If interested in any of the above, please visit us on the web at
http://www.blindaccesstraining.com/ and take a look around our website to
obtain more information or you may email us using our contact form or call us
at (509) 396-1646.

Kimsan Song
Online Access Technology Trainer

Phone: 509-396-1646
Email: Kimsan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: www.BlindAccessTraining.com
Twitter: atBlindAccess
Facebook: www.facebook.com/blindaccesstraining
Skype: Blindaccesstrainer
##
I have an old style Brailler which I want to sell.  I am asking $200.00 because
the chain is missing.  All of the other parts appear to be usable. Will ship
free mater or charge for shipping.  If interested please call Cathy at
303-619-7904 or email me at pugsowl@xxxxxxxxxx Serious offers only please.
##
Pete repairs standard Braille writers for $75 plus parts. Contact him at
601-940-9293
##
In case people are interested in purchasing a slightly used Juliet embosser
(Juliet interpont  SN J0839), I have one that I intend to have overhauled and
cleaned in order to sell it. The embosser was never used commercially. I'll pay
for the shipment from Brazil once I find the best offer for it. Please contact
me at: rubensmarshall1@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks a million.

Best,
Rubens Marshall
##
Hello Everyone!

Need hardware/software to convert VCR recordings to software files?  I'm
selling a Dazzle DVD recorder which includes Pinnacle instant DVD recorder
version 2.5.  This version requires Windows XP sp2 /higher or Windows Vista 32
bit only.

Including shipping $25 in U. S. except for Alaska/Hawaii

Barbara Sheinbein
Email:  batterseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone 314-965-8006 on evenings/weekends
##
Chocolate is a favorite for many people and it makes great gifts for all
occasions including birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and also favors for
showers, (bridal and baby), weddings, graduation parties and special dinners.
SWEET TOOTH, in business for over 12 years looks forward to serving customers
with their chocolate treats.

New items continue to be added to our list of products.  SWEET TOOTH's fudge,
gourmet chocolate sauce, our signature Chocolate Lab truffles, blueberry and
raspberry clusters (in season) are becoming increasingly popular, but the
standard items are crowd pleasers as well and are always available. From
clusters of all kinds, to molded chocolate, suckers, coffee mugs with chocolate
to Braille chocolate bars and guide dogs with Braille on them, SWEET TOOTH can
accommodate your chocolate needs. We can customize a gift basket, a party tray
or a gift tin for any occasion.

Our ever popular Braille bars continue to be a great gift item for the holidays
as they come with a choice of various sayings including Thank You, Have A Nice
Day, Happy Birthday, Love You, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. They weigh 4
1/2 ounces and can be made in milk, dark, white chocolate, or sugar free. The
bars can also be made with rice krispi, nuts, peppermint or raisins. The guide
dogs can be personalized with the dogs' name or the owner's name and come
complete with a harness done in chocolate. Many of our molded chocolate items
can be   personalized also with Braille.

We are a small base family business but are happy to accommodate special needs.
 By request we can put Braille labels or large print labels on candy packages
to suit the individual's needs.   Price lists are available online, in regular
or large print, and Braille. SWEET TOOTH is on Facebook and will be connected
soon to Twitter.

We continue to grow and we thank all of our previous customers and look forward
to enticing new ones with our chocolate products.

Orders can be placed through e-mail at judydavis12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  or by
phone at 585-544-1853.  For our web site, go to:
www.acsu.buffaloedu/laurabai/sweettooth

Judy Davis, owner
##
Melody Edwards has a braillewriter for sale. She will trade it for a Victor
Reader Wave or any stand-alone 4-track cassette players. She also has a Braille
'N Speak 2000 with disk drive and will give it away to the first person who
calls. She is also looking for donations of any
audiobooks on cassettes. She also would like donations of any Jehovah Witness
materials on cassettes.  You can contact her by calling 660-641-1338.
###
PEN PALS - New Listings
Melody Edwards is interested in talking to any Jehovah Witnesses by phone
around the world at 660-641-1338. She also wants to hear from Christians at the
same phone number. You can also send correspondence to 914 East Market Street,
Apt.8B, Warrensburg, Missouri 64093. Have a blessed day.
###
SPECIAL NOTICES - Previous Listings
I have all of the Harry Potter books in Braille to sell.  Will sell all of them
for $100.  They have all been either left in their original boxes or have been
shelved.  I will accept either a money order or cashier's check, and will send
the books Free Matter unless you want to pay shipping.  I can be reached at
509-684-1266 (please no calls after 9:00 pm PDT, or by email at
semisweetdebby@xxxxxxxxx, that's debby d e b b y.  Thanks.
##
Hi my name is Kelley Sprout I'm looking for a few items I was wondering if
anyone has some very old magazines on cassettes and I'm wondering where I can
obtain a directory in very large print that has police and fire frequencies all
around the world as well as the low vhf frequencies and the uhf bands and an am
and fm radio station directory around the world.

My contact info is Kelley Sprout 11 apple blossom ln. Asheville, NC 28806.  My
phone number is 828-702-5514 and my email is kb3lr@xxxxxxxxxxx
##
Do any of you know if there is adaptable technology available for blind people
who are interested in weather?  If so, please contact me at
branco182@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob Branco
##
Tonya Smith is looking for anyone who can donate a Mac computer or sell one for
less than $100.  Please email the editor at editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if anyone
is able to do this.
##
I have a Boss Mettle Zone distortion petal for sale in very good condition. It
has an equalizer, bass, treble, volume gain as well as the distortion knob.

It does not come with an AC adaptor. My asking price is $30 and that includes
shipping. I will only except cashier checks or money orders. I will ship the
item once I have received the check. If interested contact me Lu Leon e-mail
abrumsm1tortoise@xxxxxxxxx
##
Selling American Printing House Model 5198a Recorder/Player purchased in 2008.

Selling Audio Cassette storage Unit.  The storage unit has 3 side by side
drawers. Each drawer has a capacity to hold up to 14 audio cassettes.  The
unit's Dimensions are 15 inches by 12 inches with a height of 3.5 inches.  Both
are in very good condition.

If you buy the APH player, I will include 4 still wrapped audio cassettes.
Selling the APH player for $110; selling the storage unit for $14; buy both and
the price is $115!

Barbara Sheinbein
Telephone:  314-965-8006 evenings and weekends
Email: batterseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
##
My name is Joseph Colvin.

I was wondering if there was an apartment building with just blind people in
it. No group homes either. My phone number is 540-471-7176.  Email address-
joseph2012@xxxxxxxxxxx
##
Just wanted to keep everyone abreast of the "Tell Me" service.  When you dial
the old number, you now get invited to call 888-247-2425 and, when you do so,
it's the same "Tell Me" service we've always had.  The old number says charges
may apply but, since it's an 888 number, I think that means cell minute usage.

Beth
##
Hello Ziegler readers!  Have you recently experienced vision loss?  Are you
interested in accessible technology or are you a die-hard sports fan? If the
answer to any of the above questions is yes then you need to call Daily
Connection at: (616) 515-2848 to join me in room 3, The Answerarium, Mon/Sat
8:00 - midnight Eastern!

Drop into the Sports Zone & talk sports with TJ Tuesday nights 8:00 - 9:00 or
join us during our monthly technology conferences. I love meeting & getting to
know new people--I look forward to talking to you soon, Liz!

If you have questions or need help navigating the system call us at: (443)
732-0341 or email: dailyconnection@xxxxxxxxxxxx
##
Wisdom Ware has a copy of Zoom Text version 10 that we are attempting to sell
for a client version 10 Magnifier Reader.  Asking $450.
E-mail, sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site, http://wisdomware.com/
##
The Magnets and Ladders editors are ready for cooler weather and for the
challenge of assembling the Fall/Winter issue of our online magazine which, by
the way, is also available in narrated format from the Perkins library. Check
with your regional to receive it. If you'd like to contribute a story, a poem,
or a memoir, read our guidelines at magnetsandladders.org and submit by August
15. Have any plays? Written anything about an unlikely pet, a furry or
feathered visitor? We like to stretch the literary envelope. Of course,
seasonal pieces with a humorous or thought-provoking twist are always welcome.
The submission address is submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
##
Hi everyone,

Every Tuesday morning at 10 am eastern time I do an internet radio show on
Mushroomfm called The Treasure Chest of Music. On this show I present a good
variety of music and take requests. Some of my shows I do all rock but usually
play a variety of music. On my show I do a feature called the Canadian Corner
because I am from Canada I talk about a famous Canadian and feature 3 songs by
a music artist.

If you listen to my show and want to make a request they can be sent to
Liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  or you can tweet @smileyliz

The station website is www.mushroomfm.com you can find the listen link on that
page and see the page there where the archives of my show are.
###
SPECIAL NOTICES - Permanent Listings
Resource List for Parents of Blind Children, contributed by Erin Jepsen.

General info and organizations
Wonder Baby http://www.wonderbaby.org/

Fred's Head http://aph.org/fh/index.html

National Federation of the Blind http://nfb.org/

American Council of the Blind http://acb.org/

Hadley School for the Blind http://www.hadley.edu/

Learning Braille
Hadley School Free Braille Courses http://www.hadley.edu/braillecourses.asp

Braille Bug (teaching basic braille to kids) http://www.braillebug.org/

Braille Transcriber's Course http://nfb.org/braille-certification

Online lessons in braille transcribing
http://www.brl.org/transcribers/index.html

Buying a cane
Ambutech http://www.ambutech.com/

NFB Free White Cane http://nfb.org/free-cane-program

Parents Teaching Cane Travel
The Care and Feeding of the Long White Cane
http://nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/fr/fr15/issue1/f1501tc2.html
Early Explorers Program http://nfb.org/earlyexplorersprogram

Gadgets, Gear and Games
Maxi Aids Vision Store http://www.maxiaids.com/store/ProdIndex.asp?idstore=1

Independent Living http://www.independentliving.com/

Braille Bookstore http://www.braillebookstore.com/

Blind Mice Mart https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/bmm/shop/Home

Perkins Brailler http://www.perkins.org/store/braillers/

Mountbatten Brailler http://mountbattenbrailler.com/

Braille, eBooks and Audio Books
Seedlings Braille http://www.seedlings.org/

Bookshare https://www.bookshare.org/

Learning Ally http://www.learningally.org/

RoboBraille (converting documents) http://robobraille.org/frontpage

Lutheran Braille Workers (free religious books) http://www.lbwinc.org/

American Printing House http://www.aph.org/

Other Sources of Children's Braille Books
http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?FolderID=2&SectionID=6&DocumentID=1249

Audible http://www.audible.com/

Talking Books http://www.loc.gov/nls/tbt/index.html

LibriVox http://librivox.org/

Project Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/

Toys Blind Kids Like
List of toys for disabled children http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?SectionID=82

National Organization of Parents of Blind Children list of toys
http://nfb.org/nopbc-good-toys-blind-kids

How Does a Blind Child Play? http://www.blindchildren.org/edu_dev/3_2_2.html

Videos on Blindness Skills
Washington State School for the Blind http://www.youtube.com/user/WAStSchBlnd

Finding Used Gear
Blind Bargains http://www.blindbargains.com/

Recycled Aids for the Visually Impaired
http://www.facebook.com/groups/184351638314293/

Also try eBay or Craigslist.

Software and Technology
Kurzweil Text-to-Speech http://www.kurzweiledu.com/default.html

NVDA (free screen reader) http://www.nvda-project.org/

JAWS (most common screen reader)
http://www.freedomscientific.com/products/fs/jaws- product-page.asp

Using VoiceOver on Apple Products http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/

Braille Software http://duxburysystems.com/

Funding Sources
Lion's Club
http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/our-work/sight-programs/assistance-requests.php

State Schools and Commissions for the Blind
http://sdsbvi.northern.edu/wwwresources/list.htm

Grants and Scholarships for Blind Children
http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?Documentid=1845
##
GW Micro Launches GWSkype

Fort Wayne, Indiana (December 19, 2011) - GW Micro, Inc. (www.gwmicro.com)
announced a major innovation today for the blind and visually impaired
community.  GW Micro, developers of Window-Eyes, the most powerful screen
reader available, have developed GWSkype - a Window-Eyes app that makes Skype
accessible to all blind and visually impaired people who use a Windows computer.

Skype is a peer-to-peer service that allows users to call and message others
via the Internet.  Skype users may also call other landlines for a fee.  While
Skype has been around for years, its constantly changing user interface has
been extremely difficult for blind and visually impaired users.  "Each time the
user interface changes, we have to completely write new a new Window-Eyes app
to account for the changes," said Dan Weirich, Vice President of Sales and
Marketing for GW Micro.  "These constant changes make it difficult or
impossible for blind and visually impaired consumers to continue using the
Skype service."

The new GWSkype app will always make the Skype service available to blind and
visually impaired computer users regardless of new versions of Skype that are
released.  The GWSkype app is a Window-Eyes app and demonstrates the power of
Window-Eyes apps unmatched by any of its competitors.  As Christmas is
approaching, GW Micro is releasing the GWSkype app to all blind and visually
impaired users who are running Windows at no cost.  So, even a consumer not
running Window-Eyes can still download and use the GWSkype app.

"We believe that this is a special time of year and we want to give back," said
Weirich.  "GWSkype is a special gift from GW Micro to all blind and visually
impaired users of Windows".

The GWSkype app can be downloaded at http://www.gwmicro.com/apps/gwskype.  You
can download the GWSkype live webinar and product demonstration at
www.gwmicro.com/podcast.

GW Micro has been a trusted pioneer in the adaptive technology industry since
1990, and continues to lead with innovative, customer driven solutions.

Skype? is a trademark of Skype Technologies S.A.

Contact:
Dan Weirich, VP of Sales and Marketing
dan@xxxxxxxxxxx
(260) 489-3671
##
Blindspace, is a free social network website for those who are blind, or
visually impaired. The site includes private messaging, forums, and more. We
also have a telephone based conference system, for those who don't have a
computer or internet access, or for those who want an alternate way to
communicate with others. We have great support, both phone and email support is
available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information about
blindspace, or to sign up, please go to our website, at
http://www.blindspacenetwork.co.cc
##
On the quarterly TSA Disability Coalition teleconference held last week, we
informed our members that TSA planned to launch TSA Cares, a toll-free helpline
to provide information and assistance to passengers with disabilities and
medical conditions and their families before they fly. We are excited to
announce that TSA Cares is now available and accepting calls.

Travelers may call TSA Cares toll free at 1-855-787-2227 prior to traveling
with questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the
security checkpoint. Travelers who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay
service to contact TSA Cares or can e-mail TSA-ContactCenter@xxxxxxxx

The hours of operation for the TSA Cares helpline are Monday through Friday 9
a.m. - 9 p.m. EST, excluding federal holidays. After hours, travelers can find
information about traveling with disabilities and medical needs on TSA's
website at:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/disabilityandmedicalneeds/

When a passenger with a disability or medical condition calls TSA Cares, a
representative will provide assistance, either with information about screening
that is relevant to the passenger's specific disability or medical condition,
or the passenger may be referred to disability experts at TSA. TSA recommends
that passengers call approximately 72 hours ahead of travel so that TSA Cares
has the opportunity to coordinate checkpoint support with a TSA Customer
Service Manager located at the airport when necessary.

TSA will issue a press release regarding TSA Cares later today, as well as
making information about TSA Cares available on www.tsa.gov. We will provide
you with the specific link to TSA Cares information when it becomes active, as
well as a link to the official press release.

We urge you to spread the word about TSA Cares so that those you represent have
access to information about screening that is specific to their disabilities or
medical conditions. As always, the staff from the Office of Disability Policy
and Outreach will be available to you to assist with disseminating information
about TSA Cares.

Thank you for your continued participation and support. We look forward to
improving the screening experience for passengers through TSA Cares.

Sincerely,

Kimberly Walton, Special Counselor
Transportation Security Administration
##
Computers for the Blind
Here is your chance to have a powerful computer with software allowing blind
and visually challenged persons to be able to join family and friends, doing
what they are doing.
Each computer comes complete with monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and all
associated cables. It also comes with preloaded software. Software includes:
Open Office for word processing/book keeping, NVDA screen reader, demo version
of Window-Eyes (will function for 30 minutes before computer restart), and 60
day demo version of ZoomText. For a donation of only $100, the Texas Center for
the Visually Challenged will send your newly refurbished computer right to your
door. As of this morning, they have sent over 4,100 computers to visually
impaired individuals. Computers can only be shipped to the United States or
Canada.
Call Lee Mann at 214 340 6328 for full information. Please pass this
information on to other people who may need an inexpensive, fully accessible
computer.
##
Horizons for the Blind, a Crystal Lake, Ill based not-for-profit organization,
announces the launch of directionsformeTM (directionsforme.org), an exciting
new Internet based service that makes consumer packaging information available
in an accessible online format for people who are blind, visually impaired or
simply have trouble reading the increasingly small print on packages or labels.
There are limited resources, if any, for visually impaired consumers to access
this information. Many websites are not designed to be fully or even partly
accessible for text-to-speech screen readers, Braille output devices, screen
magnifiers and web-enabled cell phones.
This important information is often ignored because of the difficulty in seeing
it. Some of this information is of a convenient nature but drug interaction and
allergy warnings could be life threatening. Gaining comprehensive access will
foster self sufficiency and allow consumers to lead more healthy and
independent lives.
directionsforMeTM was designed specifically for the blind and visually impaired
consumer and employs innovative methods to simplify the user experience.
Skip to Main Content: Allows you to bypass repetitive information contained on
each web page.
Subject Headings: Lets you go directly to the information you want without
wading through content you do not.
Formatting: After consulting and testing with actual users, information on the
directions site is set up in the most efficient and understandable way possible.
The Directions website will address a glaring disconnect between consumer
product manufacturers and this underserved population.
The easy-to-use format makes directionsforMeTM appealing to a wide range of
consumers. With the amount of information on consumer products increasing
dramatically and the print size decreasing just as significantly, many
consumers, particularly the growing senior population, are having trouble
reading the information on packages and labels.
Through a licensing agreement with Gladson, Directions features over 300,000
products in food, health and beauty and general merchandise categories. It
provides consumers a consistent, one-stop source for preparation directions,
nutrition facts, ingredients, allergy/drug interaction warnings and more.
##
Books And Beyond is a show that plays on ACB Radio each weekend. It's hosted by
Bonnie Blose, and we talk to authors, editors, publishers and other creative
and interesting people. Sometimes the shows are blindness related and sometimes
they're not. All Books And Beyond shows will be archived at
www.accessibleworld.org on The Books And Beyond archives page. You can still
call 773-572-3166 and hear them on the phone as they become available.  For
questions, email Nancy Lynn at freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx
##
Having computer problems?  Contact Adapt on Demand LLC
"Assistance is an E-mail away"
E-mail: adapt@xxxxxxxxx or call 816-200-1064 any time
A partial list of services would include consulting, help with iPhone or Victor
Stream, web site evaluation, purchasing advice, computer training, spyware
removal, and hardware and software support by phone or E-mail on the honor
system at $20 per incident.
If your concerns aren't resolved you will not be charged. The goal is to help
people first.
###
PEN PALS - Previous Listings
Julie Davies
9 Westlands
Bilton in Ainsty
York
YO26 7LH

julie.a.davies888@xxxxxxxxx

I live and work in the United Kingdom in the lovely ancient city of York.  I
work for a company that supplies aids for blind people.
##
My field of study is languages and linguistics.  I am looking for a
correspondent in Holland who not only is a native speaker of Dutch, but, who
would be interested in helping me with explanations of certain words and
grammar in this language.  I speak a little Afrikaans, as well as German, and,
of course, English, and would like to be able to make such comparisons.

Contact me at: tim@xxxxxxxxxx
##
Heather, 39, is totally blind and been totally blind all her life.  She likes
to horseback ride, downhill ski during the winter, and being on the computer.
Heather works p/t at Pizza Hut taking phone orders.  Send email to:
hgalal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
##
My name is Xuanhai from China. My eyesight has been fading due to retinitis
pigmentosa. Though I'm not totally blind, I'm a screen reading software user.
I'd like to find pen pals so we can teach each other and become good friends.
You can reach me at xuanhai1985@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
##
Hi my name is Kelley Sprout I'm looking for pen pals from all over the world.
I'm a married man I love playing music, making people laugh, going to church,
eating out, making new friends and putting smiles on people's faces.  I am a
very big Lorie Morgan fan. If you want to respond I prefer email, however I
will respond to you on phone systems.  My email address is kb3lr@xxxxxxxxxxx
when I respond to you please look for an attachment on your screens and open it
to hear my voice.  I'm on a phone service that does email.
##
Hi, my name is, Liz Lawson

Email smileyliz@xxxxxxxxx

I am a 46 year old sighted female from Ontario Canada always looking for
friends to email with. I spend a lot of time on the computer and like pets. I
am an internet radio DJ on Mushroom fm.
You can hear my show by going to: www.mushroomfm.com on Tuesday morning at
10:00 A M
Both male and female email pals are welcome from anywhere in the world.

Liz
##
marychapo@xxxxxxxxx

My Name is Mary Chapo and I'm blind aged 40 and a young widow. Some of my
hobbies are: cooking, listening to Gospel Music and singing, making friends; I
have got two children, a boy and a girl. I'm looking for a serious man aged
between 45 and 60 who later on can come in my life with a possible
relationship. My contact Mobile Number is: 0 0 2 6 0 9 7 9 0 8 0 3 9 2
##
Hi all,
I am seeking a female correspondent with hopes to lead to a permanent
relationship. I love reading, listening to sports, going out to eat, and just
being available for my companion. Don't want any pets and don't want to travel
a lot. I am going to be sixty five my next birthday and I am just wanting to be
a homebody. I can do repairs around the home and I do like to shop for food and
simple things. I'd like a woman between ages 54 and 66. We must develop our
friendship slowly though. Any interested takers?

Thanks,
Isaac
###
END OF SPECIAL NOTICES AND PEN PALS SUPPLEMENT

This email was sent to missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxxx
If you are no longer interested you can unsubscribe instantly:
http://swisher.cmail2.com/t/r-u-hudkdiy-fldltdutj-r/