[guide.chat] Snow has stopped for now

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:17:07 -0000

it has stopped snowing here , it lasted for about 4 hours and we had enough to
put a small layer on the fence, bins  and the railings, also the lawns looked
like someone had sprinkled powder on them, it's pretty and very cold but it
stopped at about 7pm, it has snowed hard in west Wales where the in laws live,
there are several roads blocked and the mountain roads are impassable , we rang
them to make sure they had heard the weather reports , his sister who is
visiting the family went out to check as she is supposed to return back to the
midlands in the morning , there was about 6 inches of snow on the cars and they
didn't even realise that it had been snowing, luckily Steve's brother drives
for a breakdown firm so has a tow truck at home , they live on a country lane
halfway up a valley so they don't get their road gritted  , he may have to dig
the cars and his truck out in the morning, snow is nice but at least we don't
have to worry about the driving ha ha, it's going to be a cold week so take
care, Vanessa the Saints reporter x x