[guide.chat] School dinners

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:05:07 -0000

Hi Malcolm and all. Yes I can certainly join in this one. Well our school
dinners were home made on the premises the food was so yummy home made always
the best. This was only at secondary school though. At primary school the
dinners were brought in. I remember the puddings more than the main courses but
that goes without saying haha. I loved Sago pudding and semolina pudding and
the home made rice pudding was yummy too. I would love to have sago now but
sadly it's no longer on the market that's typical with things we like always
the case. Yes we were made to eat our dinner but it really wasn't an issue with
the home cooked dinners as they were so yummy. Also at break times there was a
tuck shop and I loved the warm home made sausage rolls I had one each day. I
also remember at primary school we were made to drink milk at break times and
if we didn't drink it we wouldn't be allowed out to play. I never liked cold
milk and still don't so the fact I was forced to drink it has made it worse. My
mum used to walk me to the primary school as it was in the village but I used
to go on the bus to secondary school with the other kids. I enjoyed reading
everyone's memories of school dinners very interesting but oh dear it seems not
everyone's experience of school dinners was as good as mine. Love Clare