[guide.chat] RNIB Campaign Bulletin: Social Care Green Paper - invitation to "Big Care Debate Regional Events"

  • From: "Scott C" <castledine10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:59:04 +0100

Dear RNIB Campaign Supporter,

Social Care Green Paper: invitation to "Big Care Debate Regional Events"

The Department of health have invited RNIB members and supporters to attend
a series of public  consultation events following the publication of the
Government
Green Paper, Shaping the Future of Care Together. Read on if you are
interested in attending one of these events. If you are unable to attend, or
you have
any views on what RNIB should be saying in response to the Green Paper,
please send them to Geoff Fimister, by e-mail to
gfimister@xxxxxxxxxxx
 - or by post to Geoff Fimister, Campaigns Team, RNIB, 105 Judd St., London,
WC1H 9NE.

This is the invitation sent from the Department of Health to RNIB's Chief
Executive, Lesley-Anne Alexander:

On 14th July the Government launched the Green Paper, Shaping the Future of
Care Together, which suggests ways we can improve the care and support
system
in England, both in the way it is delivered and funded.
We want to create a system for the future that is fairer, simple to
understand and more affordable for everyone.

Following publication of the Green Paper, we are holding a period of public
consultation. During this time there will be a series of events across the
country discussing the Green Paper in detail and we would like to invite you
to come along and tell us your views.

Your members/associates can register by clicking here to join the big care
debate: <
http://www.coievents.co.uk/careandsupport>

Alternatively, you can register by telephoning the Care and Support team at
the Department of Health on 020 7261 8400 and asking what events are
available
in your area.

Best wishes,

RNIB Campaigns Team.