[guide.chat] My lovely weekend

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:54:34 -0000

Good afternoon all. It's been a hectic but lovely weekend. Saturday morning I
had my hair cut at 11 AM so can now see better and it was ideal having my hair
done before the party. Well I had such a lovely time at the party with Rob and
Margaret and their caravan club. They picked me up at 1 PM as planned. It was
in the village hall. First they introduced me to everyone there were well over
20 people. We all shook hands. The only young people there we me and Rob's
niece Helen she's 29 and very nice. Then we had the buffet there was all kinds
of sandwiches turkey, beef and pork and it was even home made rolls even
better. We call them cobs here. I had turkey and beef but not the pork as don't
like it. I had sausage rolls, crisps and some cheese rolls. I also had mini
pizzas and there were also roast potatoes which I love. I avoided the salad
though haha. Pudding was either trifle, Christmas cake, mince pies or
cheesecake and I had the cheesecake. Sadly there was nothing chocolaty shame on
them. Now that really is a crime not having my all important chocolate fix
haha. Then we had some Christmas stories read out to us. Then we did games. We
had a Christmas quiz, a picture game where we had to guess the films from the
pictures a bit like give us a clue. No good for me but everyone was so good at
describing the pictures to me that I could join in. We did a guess the object
game where there were 20 parcels wrapped up and we had to guess what was inside
each parcel without opening them. The team who got the most right won. My team
won not bad going. We did a game where we had to sing a verse of a song
beginning with each letter of the alphabet now that was such fun. At the end we
did carol singing so a lovely afternoon. Rob and Margaret brought me home at
around 6 PM. Then I chilled out and listened to the big x factor final. Ah how
sad Amelia is out but she's done so well as she came third. Well can't wait for
the results tonight between Marcus and little mix. Well today I had a lovely
meal out with my family to celebrate my mum's birthday on 14 December. She's 65
so a special birthday. It was lovely to catch up with Auntie Pearl as always
and Elaine and Simon and the kids came with us too. We had a meal in this posh
hotel. We had a starter, main meal and pudding. For me the best bit was the
beef dinner and lemon cake with custard pudding yummy the same as my mum had.
Again shame no chocolate but like last night I'm making up for lost time. The
main course was a carvery so was either beef or pork. I had beef but the others
had a bit of both. Our little Jamie had some of the carvery but little Meghan
had chicken nuggets with chips and beans oh she's not daft. Kids are so funny
aren't they? The kids had ice cream pudding. The others had apple crumble with
custard. Auntie Pearl came here at 11 AM and then Elaine and Simon and the kids
met us here so we all went to the meal together. We took auntie Pearl home
after and got back here at 6 PM. Well now ready for the x factor final results.
Oh what a lovely weekend it's been. It's nasty weather here cold, windy and
raining. Well I have a busy week of parties ahead so all go. Keep you posted
how it all goes. Hope all have a good week too. Love Clare