[guide.chat] Left Handed

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:37:17 -0000

Hi All,

new subject to get your teeth into.

In the 1940's to 50's. I was always being punished for writing with my left
hand. The teacher's were telling me off for it. They          would rap my
knuckles with a wooden ruler or make me sit on my left hand. Some times I was
made to stand in the corner for the full lesson or sent to the headmaster to
get the strap, which he delited in doing because there was always a line of
children waiting for the strap. On one occasion the teacher tied my left hand
behind my back. Needless to say that fifty odd years later I still write left
handed. We never dared tell are parents or we would get told off again. Hard
times. Any one else got any school stories?

Malcolm from Hyde. Cheshire. England.
Skype name. malcolmbo1