[guide.chat] LOW CHOLESTEROL CHOCOLATE CAKE

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:24:24 +0100

Not the kind of thing you would expect me to post as it sounds too much like
the healthy option to me as I don't do healthy eating haha but it is chocolaty
all the same so still yummy. Thought some of you may find it useful. I was sent
it by a friend.

LOW CHOLESTEROL CHOCOLATE CAKE

--CAKE:--

1 1/2 c. flour

1 c. sugar

3 tbsp. cocoa

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

6 tbsp. vegetable oil

1 tbsp. vinegar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. cold water

--ICING:--

6 tbsp. stick margarine

3 tbsp. cocoa

1 (16 oz.) box powdered sugar

3 tbsp. brewed coffee (can be instant)

CAKE: Use an 8 x 8 x 2 inch Pyrex pan, ungreased. Sift all dry
ingredients. Add liquids. Mix with a fork to get all lumps out. Bake at
350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake is done. ICING: In a small
mixing bowl mix by hand with a spoon: margarine, cocoa and coffee. Add
powdered sugar at about a 1/4 of the box at a time. Mix until smooth.