[guide.chat] John;

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:21:52 -0000

John;
Can I sympathise with you at having to part with Winnie?
There is no shame in admitting your tears.
To say that men don't cry is quite simply rubbish - they do, and should.
You'll still see her though it won't be the same.
I know it'll take time to get over this, but you WILL get over it.

I don't know how you feel exactly. You see, we had a dog when I was young, but,
when my dad died when I was four, the dog started biting everything in sight -
including me. She had to be destroyed. What mum should have done was get
another dog, but she didn't, and that created a total terror of dogs in me
which took many years to overcome. Not easy if you live in the blind world, is
it?

     I'm still not comfortable near dogs - I cannot touch them - but I
recognise the bond between dog and owner, and my heart goes out to you now.
Jim
PTL! <><