[guide.chat] It's snowing here again

  • From: "vanessa pugh" <shannon17@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 22:06:40 -0000

just to say that it is snowing here in north west Hampshire  again,Steve has
just taken Scott out in the garden and although the snow is coming down it
isn't sticking, they didn't hang about to see what would happen so have got the
wellie boots and the big coat out incase the snow is still around in the
morning, we don't get our paths gritted so have got a shovel outside the door
incase there is some on the path , it is about 55 feet from the door to the
front gate, then the same distance to get to where our transport pulls in as we
live on a footpath between 2 parking areas, it is a lot further to the bus stop
but if there is a lot of snow then our bus can't get to the village , we live
about a mile from the main road so unless the gritter lorry comes down here we
are almost cut off, last year when we had a lot of snow the local farmer got
stuff left at his farm at the end of the village and bought stuff across with a
tractor and trailer, we don't have a shop, post office or pub so things can be
difficult, we only have 2 buses a day so are cut off if you can't drive, it is
a lovely place to live, no trouble but there are a lot of pensioners and a few
of us disabled who can't manage the walk to the main road where there is a bus
every hour, we have lived here for nearly 12 years so am used to the small
problems that can happen, we will only move when things get too bad that we
can't cope, we were both raised in the countryside with practical parents so
can cope with most things, take care for now,  Vanessa the Saints reporter x x