[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] jenny books

  • From: vanessa <qwerty1234567a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GUIDE CHAT" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 19:49:31 +0100

Hi Jenny.
Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding, read by Tracie Bennet, Tracie emphasises
as she speaks, like ooo, she goes high or low any books read by Tracie Bennet
is a good talking book.
Another is a good book called The Village Policeman, he was a fair policeman in
the olden days, he caught a man stealing salmon from the river and because he
knew the man had a large family to feed he let him off with a caution and let
him take the salmon home to feed his hungry family, his sergeant told him that
chickens were being stolen and when he caught the man with one chicken in a
sack, he got told off by the sergeant for not catching him with more chickens,
as the more chickens he had the more the constablery got from the court,
something like one shilling per chicken, but it is funny and knowledgeable how
the policeman lived and had to move to different police houses, how he caught
the thieves and wrong doers and the ones he let off with cautions, his thoughts
and actions.
Hope you have a nice time on holiday and hope weather will be good for you.
vanessa.