[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Vanessa.

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 23:17:20 +0100

This brought back memories for me. I went to Israel  a few years ago. We went
out on the sea of Galilee  and we were taking communion. We were given our wine
and bread. I was just going to put the bread into my mouth when a bloody big
seagull  came down and pinched it of me. Just thought I'd share that with you
all.

love Malcolm. xxx

OK, you asked for it....

A minister, a priest and a vicar were on pilgrimage to Israel.
The first two were Scots; Church of Scotland and Catholic, and the third was a
CofE vicar.
After prayers, they went for a sail together on the sea of Gallilee,
remembering and reflecting on the gospel message.
Time passed.
After a while, the minister looked at his watch, exclaimed "Hey, I'm going to
be late for tea. I can't wait for the wind to change."
So he bowed his head in prayer, stepped over the side of the boat.....
.....and walked across the lake surface, arriving safely on the shore.

The priest was similarly troubled: He, too, bowed his head in prayer, stepped
over the side, and walked safely across to the other side.

Alone, the vicar, not to be outdone, prayed, and stepped over the side...
...and drowned.

The minister turned reflectively to his colleague, the priest, and said;
"You know, maybe we should have told him about the stepping stones."
"What stepping stones?" replied the priest...
Jim,
PTL!
(Skype jim.liddell4 )