[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Respect.

  • From: "clare moulds" <clare@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:43:12 +0100

Good Afternoon Malcolm, Phyllis and all. Yes I agree with all you both say here
about sighted people they can be so ignorant and think we don't have a brain. I
have had people talking to the person with me instead of directly to me such as
people will say to my mum for example what does Clare want to drink. I have
known this to be called the does he take sugar syndrome or in my case of course
does she take sugar. I think this came from the radio 4 in touch programme
which is on Tuesday nights each week. For the record no I don't take sugar. I'm
sweet enough hahahaha. Oh Malcolm that's awful your neighbours don't talk to
you since your wife's death that's very bad and brings me back to the subject
of the old days again that's an example of no community spirit these days. Yes
I think sighted people must be embarrassed and they make the excuse they don't
know what to say to us but I think that's a very poor excuse and an easy get
out for them. If only they would realise we are human beings with feelings like
they are and have so much to offer. I pick up bad vibes from people very easily
as my senses are so much stronger with having no sight. I often feel I'm too
much bother to the sighted world. Also what annoys me is that sighted people
can start off so friendly with me and it's as if they can't do enough for me
but all of a sudden they drop me as they start backing off and making excuses
all the time till eventually they don't bother with me at all which is so
cruel. I wonder if it's just a novelty with some people and eventually it wears
off which is very wrong as they don't seem to either think about or care that
it's my emotions they are messing with. It's not them who gets hurt it's always
me and it always ends in my tears not there's. I wish I knew why they did this
to me. I have to suffer the emotional consequences when they decide not to
bother with me anymore not them so they don't care. I don't want to be anyone's
novelty. I'm a human being who wants to mean something to others. I can't do
with people who are friendly one minute and not the next. I suppose I shouldn't
get so emotionally involved with people but that's so much easier said than
done as I can't cut off like some people and I'm so glad I'm not like that.
Well enough of my moaning. Do others have these problems. Love Clare xxxx