[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] braille

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 19:47:59 -0000

Hi Clare, I first started to learn braille  at the Manor House in Torquay. But
I don't like people standing over me while I learning. So When I came home I
got a cassette tape called " As Easy As Pye. along with some grade one braille
books and got down to teaching myself. It took me sic months  which I was quite
pleased with . One thing I didn't like due to shortage of space was the amount
of room  one braille book took up. Always seem to have braille books all over
the place.
Then I really went of it when they brought in Capital signs. Completely
unnecessary in my opinion.

love Malcolm. xxxx.

Hi Malcolm, how cool you used to use braille years ago. Oh yes I agree with you
even though that letter was true things have moved on so much and technology
has taken over but there's still a need for braille so I don't think it will
die out. Let's hope not anyway. Even technology uses braille as some people use
braille displays on their computers instead of speech output that we use. I
know a couple of people who use braille displays. Also there's braille
embossers to connect to computers so can have work printed out in braille. It's
interesting how things have moved on so much and that letter shows it so
thought it would be good to share it with everyone and of course raise another
important topic to discuss if people want to. Love Clare xxxx

-----