[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] Another subject

  • From: "Sara" <e-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sally" <se.wooller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:14:17 -0000

Hi Sally,

I have always had poor balance too, even from very young.  I am always afraid
of falling down too.  I keep hoping that it will improve one day, but it hasn't
for the last 30 years.  I have been blind from birth.  It is quite
disconcerting when you are out and there are steps to climb up or down.  When I
was at school, I was even afraid to jump of a 4 inch box in P.E, which I hated.

I have often wondered whether other blind people suffer with poor balance, so
it is nice to know that I am not alone.

From Sara