[guide.chat] In Reply To: When I first joined here

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 18:50:35 +0100

Clare, that was put over very well and its good to no that the group helps
others.We can all learn from the older one's and we older one's can learn from
you younger one's too. A two way street as they say. And as for Carol, well you
learn something everyday from her don't we. bless her little  heart.
 heeheehee.

love Malcolm. xxx

Hi Jim and all, this is how I felt when I first joined this group. It seemed to
me that everyone knew each other so well in fact they had known each other for
years as had been on here so long. I felt daunted as everyone seemed so well
established on here with each other there was lots of chatter and banter that
only the group understood and knew about that outsiders like me didn't know the
meaning of. All seemed happy and secure with each other with knowing each other
so well and for so long. I sort of felt like an outsider, a new girl trying to
fit into a new gang. I felt that I wasn't sure if and how I would fit in and of
course as I didn't really know anyone, what they were like or their ways I
didn't feel secure at times. Thoughts went through my mind such as will
everyone be interested in what I have to say, will they like me and accept me
as I am for myself and my situation. I found it a bit hard going and just like
fitting into a new group I had all those feelings. It was all thanks to my
lovely special friend Carol on here who helped me through most of it and giving
me tips, helping me to get to know others as she knew quite a few on here
already and she kept reassuring me to persevere. Well now I'm so happy I did as
I feel so much more established on here than I did back then. I just kept being
myself and I now feel I'm fitting in. Also us all sharing our life stories is
helping me so much as it gives us all more of an understanding of each other so
can support each other even more. Also now I have shared my life story I'm so
happy to find others seem to be understanding me more now too and I'm so happy
that opening up about really personal stuff has made such a difference. I'm
feeling much happier and secure now I'm getting to know others on here so much
more and I'm also getting to know the meaning of all that banter too. I can
soon work out now if someone is joking or being serious. I know others more now
and of course as I'm happy and strong in myself I don't take things too
personal. Knowing others makes such a big difference to how we feel and I no
longer feel on the outside. I thought I would share this with you all. As long
as we all keep chatting to each other no matter what and of course having fun I
will stay happy on here. Love Clare