[guide.chat] In Reply To: Kidney transplant.

  • From: "James Liddell" <james.liddell2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lisa Peck" <peck152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 18:20:10 +0100

Lisa:
That's great news!
OK; it's a very serious step - you know that; but the procedure's a lot
quicker, and safer, than it used to be.
I'm quite sure the doctors have explained things to you, and that you've taken
that decision based on their advice.
We're here to support you through the waiting and beyond.
If it's any help, a friend of mine had a kidney transplant twenty five years
ago, when the chances of rejection were a lot higher than they are today. The
doctors gave him five years.
I attended his funeral last year....
he died in a bus accident.
He carried a donor card. His widow told me his transplanted kidney had been
used again to save someone else's life...and as far as she knows, it's still
going strong.
So now its the waiting game.
We wish you all the best;
May God richly bless you,