[guide.chat] In Reply

  • From: "Jenny Coupe" <jenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 20:08:17 -0000

Hi Malcolm
I just had an ordinary black gas mask, it came in a cardboard box which we had
to carry every where. I spent the first year of the war evacuated to an Aunt in
North Wales, we went to the village school,only for a half day as the other
half was for the kids from the east end , It was a miserable time and I was
pleased when after a year we came home just in time for the blitz. Whilst I
remember lots of things I don't remember what we ate, we had chickens in the
back garden, Dad had an allotment and apart from being in the "heavy rescue "
worked in a grocers shop,so we didn't go hungry,
Jenny