[guide.chat] Fwd: reformatted story: Apple Pie

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:02:26 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Cynthia.Groopman@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 28/11/2011 21:48
Sent To: muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: Fwd: Reformatted story: Apple Pie

: reformatted story: Apple Pie
Apple Pie
By: Cynthia Groopman

I always loved apple pie but it was difficult to obtain a home baked one one
that was succulent, sweet and freshly baked and baked with tender loving care
and loving kindness, ingredients that are necessary to ensue a pleasant eating
experience. I tried Entermanns, and bakery pies but was not satisfied. Since I
am a lover of apples and apples play a very important part in my life, I
yearned to eat a fresh one.

Days passed and always in my mind's eye was a picture of an apple pie being
baked in the oven. I was able to smell its ingredients being baked and its
aroma was full of the richness of renewal, of a new autumn season and freshness
that was enchanting. When Rabbi Pearl and his wife invited me for Thanksgiving
last Saturday, I was thrilled. I wondered what surprise would be in my treasure
chest of surprises. I yearned and yearned and wanted to know what would be
unlocked in my treasure chest of surprises. I could hardly wait and counted the
days till the arrival of that Thanksgiving event.

I savored each day of my counting as I would savor the delicious piece of
freshly baked apple pie. Finally the day arrived, and yes, it was finally here,
and I was spiritually elated. In addition to being welcomed with hugs, smiles,
warmth and the spiritual food of love and kindness which was needed for my
spirit, the food was delicious. When dessert time arrived, what do you think
happened. My nose danced with elation as it informed me that a fresh richly
aromatic apple pie was being placed on the table. Ah, I breathed in the
fragrance and my mouth watered and my stomach was saying yum yum yum. I shouted
out with glee, exclaiming with elation, Ah apple pie, wow wow wow. We all
laughed.

When my piece was placed in front of me I dug in and with each bite, I felt the
renewal, the beginning of a new resurgence of my spirit and another surprise
that adds to my mountain of surprises that began 26 weeks ago by having been
blessed to have Rabbi Pearl and his family in my life as the light of my life
and my blessing.
Thus, the apple pie was enjoyed by me and better yet a piece went home with me
to savor and enjoy. I had that piece at 7 A.M. this morning as part of my
breakfast. thus, my love for apples, my love for apple pie and my blessings and
angels in my life the pearls made that pie taste exquisitely delicious. For the
pie had pearl  in it pearls of love, pearls of warmth comfort, renewal
compassion and loving kindness.

***

The lady who wrote this story has been blind for 25 years after having an
accident,she now writes stories and poems,but she lives in New York America so
doesn't have many orchards and green fields to walk in,or smell the countryside.
Keith