[guide.chat] Fruit scones on email from kevins recepies

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:12:58 +0100

Fruit Scones
 There are many variations of this recipe but in my experience and taste any
scone that contains eggs does not have a good taste.  It always contains an
eggy after taste.  Many scones that you can buy on the high street and in cafes
contain eggs.
 This recipe is the best available homemade recipe I know and it contains no
egg and is very simple and quick.
 Ingredients:
 250 G/8 oz self-raising flour 50 G/2 oz margarine quarter pint milk 25 G/1 oz
caster sugar 50 G/2 oz sultanas or cherries
 METHOD:
 1.  Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/electric 375 degrees Celsius/400 degrees
Fahrenheit, 200 degrees Celsius.  Sieve the flour into a bowl.
 2.  Add margarine and rub into breadcrumb consistency.
 3.  Add sugar and sultanas or cherries, mix well.
 4.  Add milk a little at a time, with a fork or knife to begin with, blend to
a firm dough.
 5.  Lightly Sprinkle flour over a baking tray.
 6.  Sprinkle flour onto the table or surface and rolling pin.  Roll the dough
out to approximately half an inch thickness.
 7.  Using a fluted cutter, cut into rounds and place on the baking tray.
 8.  Brush over with a little milk, bake for 15 to 20 minutes until brown and
risen.