[guide.chat] Forwarded Email: sinking

  • From: "Christopher Simpson" <chrisnash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:16:31 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Simpson - Email Address: chrisnash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 30/01/2009 15:12
Sent To: Chat - Email Address: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: sinking

When I was about nineteen, and full of bravado, we were having a family picnic
at a local beauty spot where there was a wide fast flowing river, and I had
swam across several times and was playing to the gallery which was made up of
quite a few pretty girls, so I decided to really impress them and swim across
with my young nephew on my back, which my big brother had done with me years
ago,so I dived in and promptly sank like a stone,owing to the fact that I was
not as good as I thought I was and my nephew was a bit of a Billy bunter,
luckily for us my cargo had the sense to cling on and hold his breath, and
there were several strong swimmers watching so we were rescued, but after a
scare like that it was an end to my showing off, Chris Cringle