[guide.chat] Forever friends poem

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:40:52 +0100

Forever Friends

Hey wait a minute! Maybe it isn't too late,

Has death really sealed our fate?

I got an idea-just wait!

Here  is my cathartic cool plan,

Just listen and pretend you're holding my hand,

The Lord will help us both completely understand,

Now, we are doing His assignments in different places at His command,

Friendship is not out of his plan,

I know we're apart, but the Lord can show you my heart,

With you I have so many things I'd like to share,

I'd show you my laughter, memories and moods of despair,

I wish I could know about the unfinished projects here ,

I would try to help you or finish them with bold cheer,

A friend can be real,

You just need to know the heart revealed,

I do not pretend and I know how I feel,

A friend is sincere,

It is someone you don't have to fear,

The Lord is a friend, and to both of us, in heaven and on earth, he is near,

It's hard to make, keep and trust friends here,

Now, you have friends with you that are real and sincere,

There's no more need for tears and fears,

For you my joy comes in birsts and makes me want to cheer,

The words you spoke really connected with me,

I want you to know that you helped set me free,

You have no idea how much that means to me.

You weren't afraid to dream of fantastic magical happy things,

Your words in talks no one seemed to hear really made my heart sing,

I thought, "Wow, he's speaking what I'm feeling!"

I never knew it was a possible thing,

Was someone actually understanding? Amazing!

This is why I wanted to be your friend and share with you everything from
within,

Through your trials I believed you were innocent and prayed for you to win.

From all that, I wanted to take you away.

We'd play on the green grassy meadow and have a glorious day,

I often think of us this way,

I know it will happen some day.

Now, what project is it you'd like me to do?

Can I do anything for you?

What was something you didn't get to do but wanted to?

Just say the word and I'll try to help you.

I am in poverty, but it doesn't mean I can't help some how,

I could pray, write, give off a warning, or sing songs you would like heard
down here now,

Just say the word and I will try,

So much failure has been in my life,

Whatever I can do, I'll give it a try.

I am your friend and this is how I think of you,

Someone who deserves friends that are not plundering things from you,

That is not a friend for you,

A real friend loves, is warm and true,

I know I love you,

That much is true,