[guide.chat] FW: Fw: WHAT A BILLION IS!!

  • From: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jane Balmforth" <janieb1958@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Debbie Berkinshaw" <darrenanddebi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ann Coleman" <anncolemanq@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nicola Daley" <n_daly@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Douel" <m.douel@xxxxxxx>, "Claire Evans" <claire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marion Foster" <marion331@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jenifer Furnell" <jenifer.furnell@xxxxxxxxx>, "bob griffiths" <bobgriff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Hayto" <malhayto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Sally" <se.wooller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Shirley Springett" <tripleckickerswdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joyce Welsh" <jwelsh123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <young.g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:03:10 -0000

This  is too true to be  funny.
The  next time you hear a politician use the word  'billion' in a casual
manner, think about  whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR  tax
money.

A billion is a difficult  number to comprehend, but one advertising agency  did
a good job of putting that figure into some  perspective in one of its
releases.

A.
A  billion seconds ago it was  1959.

B.
A  billion minutes ago Jesus was  alive.

C.
A  billion hours ago our ancestors were living in  the Stone Age.

D.
A  billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on  two feet.

E.
A  billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12  minutes, at the rate our
government is spending  it.
Stamp  Duty
Tobacco Tax
Corporate  Income Tax

Income  Tax

Council  Tax
Unemployment Tax
Fishing License  Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Inheritance  Tax
(tax on top of tax)
Alcohol  Tax
V.A.T.
Marriage License  Tax
Property Tax
Service charge  taxes
Social Security Tax
Vehicle  License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales  Tax
Workers Compensation  Tax

STILL  THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not  one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our  nation was one of the
most prosperous in the  world.

We had absolutely no national  debt.
We had the largest middle class in the  world. Mum stayed home to raise the
kids, Dad was  allowed to discipline  kids

a  criminals life was  uncomfortable.

What  happened?

Can  you spell 'Political  Correctness'

or  'politicians?'