[guide.chat] FW: DIFFICULTIES with your refreshed grocery access website

  • From: "Alan Thorpe" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:54:27 +0100

Hi all
Please see the reply from Tesco that we received to day.
We will be following up the request, can I ask if you have been having
difficulties please contact Tesco directly and give support to our campaign
to sort out this mess.

MANY THANKS
ALAN THORPE

TEL. 0114 2207007
MOB. 07961 406739
EMAIL info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
WEB. www.eyecan.org.uk

From: ""sandra brasher"" <sandra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 July 2010
Subject: DIFFICULTIES with  your refreshed  grocery access website

To whom it may concern at Tesco's.

This email about the new access site saving us time and money is an absolute
joke.  You have gone from an excellent easy use, fully accessible site that
I recommended and taut people less able than myself to use as part of our
business to give visually impaired people their independence, to a more
complicated, near on inaccessible site using a screen reader, this is the
case for myself but I no is the same for many others using screen readers.

There are too many problems I am having with this site that I cannot begin
to tell you about.  One of the major problems is that on all my favourites
list I cannot navigate it like I did on the old one its going to take me
over 3 thousand presses of the right arrow key to read to the bottom of the
list and because items now have to be added individually it will take
thousands upon thousands of key presses to do a shop this is because it puts
you back to the top of the page after each item is added to the basket.
None of the short cut keys work in the same way to save time.

As I hope you can see this is not going to be practical for me to do my
shopping using this site.    please tell me that these problems are being
addressed because If not I am not going to be able to carry on doing my
shopping with you as I know many others are now going to more accessible
shopping sites.

If you are interested in hearing about all the other problems I am having
with your site I would be happy to give you a detailed report don't hesitate
to contact me.

Thanks in anticipation of your speedy response in this matter.

Sandra Brasher