[guide.chat] Easternders gossip for new years day today

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 15:03:55 -0000

Pam St Clement (Pat Evans, EastEnders)
© BBCPat Evans's final EastEnders episode will feature a new version of the
soap's theme tune as a tribute to the much-loved character, Digital Spy can
confirm.
, who composed the original EastEnders theme in 1984, has reworked the tune to
create 'Pat's Theme' - which will play out at the end of the Albert Square
legend's last episode.
EastEnders bids a heartbreaking farewell to Pat on New Year's Day .
In real life, meanwhile,   to pursue other work and life opportunities.
EastEnders fans will already be familiar with the show's long-standing
alternative tune 'Julia's Theme', which traditionally airs at the end of
episodes featuring intense emotion or drama.
Peggy Mitchell, played by ,  when she departed Walford in September 2010.
The New Year's Day episode of EastEnders will also feature an updated opening
title sequence, as the Olympic Park will be included in the graphics for the
first time. The sporting complex will play host to the Summer Olympics and
Paralympics in 2012.
The new Eastenders title sequence including the Olympic park
An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy: "It's only right that as we say goodbye
to the iconic Pat Evans we pay tribute to such a character with a wonderfully
touching special theme tune.
"As we say farewell to a legend of over 26 years, we welcome in what will be a
truly remarkable New Year in E20 by adding the Olympic Park into the opening
title sequence."
EastEnders airs a 70-minute-long episode on New Year's Day from 7pm.