[guide.chat] Bell View Zoo.

  • From: "M BOWKER" <bowker288@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 15:57:06 +0100

HI All,

Does anyone remember Bell View Zoo. in Manchester? Does anyone remember
visiting Bell View Zoo when they were younger?

I would say that it was the first place of its kind in this country. What you
would call a thyme park these days.

Living near by I use to go a lot at weekends. As a child with my mum and dad,
to see the animals and as a teenager to meet the girls.  We use to go to the
Stock car racing first. Then after that we would go into the amusement park for
an hour or so. Then off into the Kings Hall to watch the live wreseling.for an
hour or to After that off wi went into the dance hall to meet up with the
girls. All this for the price of one ticket for about five shillings. There was
also a big boating lake to splash about in when it was nice hot weather.
Good times.

Malcolm from Hyde. Cheshire. England.
Skype name. malcolmbo1