[greenbuild] Wednesday Nov 28 & Thu Dec 6 - Local Sustainability events

  • From: Elan Shapiro <elansla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tdelplat@xxxxxxxxxxxx, th82@xxxxxxxxxxx, hg33@xxxxxxxxxxx,sgm7@xxxxxxxxxxx, pdm1@xxxxxxxxxxx, pc29@xxxxxxxxxxx,psp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tnm2@xxxxxxxxxxx, vjackson@xxxxxxx,mckofsky@xxxxxxx, shevory@xxxxxxxxxx, andrewcharles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,tl-k@xxxxxxxxx, mgolden@xxxxxxxxx, mmw5@xxxxxxxxxxx,mak11@xxxxxxxxxxx, dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx, elr@xxxxxxxxxxxx,elizabeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, liz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,paglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dgalezo@xxxxxxxxx,jschroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, alo@xxxxxxxxx, esmith@xxxxxxxxx,kat@xxxxxxxx, jrv5@xxxxxxxxxxx, jre15@xxxxxxxxxxx, ew28@xxxxxxxxxxx,adi3@xxxxxxxxxxx, rme4@xxxxxxxxxxx, las56@xxxxxxxxxxx,jh283@xxxxxxxxxxx, njg9@xxxxxxxxxxx, cuslar@xxxxxxxxxxx,markafrank@xxxxxxxxxxx, lbo1@xxxxxxxxxxx, elmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mtg23@xxxxxxxxxxx,SustainableIthaca@xxxxxxxxxx, ame7@xxxxxxxxxxx, gwe1@xxxxxxxxxxx,jff1@xxxxxxxxxxx, lsg3@xxxxxxxxxxx, rhg7@xxxxxxxxxxx,ccg2@xxxxxxxxxxx, jlg19@xxxxxxxxxxx, gwg2@xxxxxxxxxxx,llg9@xxxxxxxxxxx, wwg1@xxxxxxxxxxx, djg6@xxxxxxxxxxx,jeh34@xxxxxxxxxxx, phh3@xxxxxxxxxxx, cwj1@xxxxxxxxxxx,wjj1@xxxxxxxxxxx, jpl4@xxxxxxxxxxx, llg9@xxxxxxxxxxx,tl25@xxxxxxxxxxx, tl-k@xxxxxxxxx, bdl5@xxxxxxxxxxx, tal2@xxxxxxxxxxx,akm3@xxxxxxxxxxx, tnm2@xxxxxxxxxxx, pdo1@xxxxxxxxxxx,rjp17@xxxxxxxxxxx, mjp5@xxxxxxxxxxx, kmr22@xxxxxxxxxxx,nrs5@xxxxxxxxxxx, pjt4@xxxxxxxxxxx, ntu1@xxxxxxxxxxx,THW2@xxxxxxxxxxx, mbm24@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:24:10 -0500

The CRESP Community Sustainability Series Presents:

CREATING A SUSTAINABLE LOCAL ECONOMY (last in the series)
  Work and Wages, Homebuilding, and Transportation Strategies
Wednesday Nov 28, 7 pm - 9 pm
at the Women's Community Building (Seneca &  Cayuga Streets)

Presented  by Leni  Hochman , chief operations officer, Alternative
Federal Credit Union, Sarah Highland, homebuilder and founder of the
Natural Builder's Network, and Francis Vanek, director, Sustainable
Technology and Energy Institute.

  Our panelists will explore cutting-edge developments and creative
options for building a a sustainable local economy through changes in
our homebuilding and transportation strategies, and in our ways of
doing work, including small business development and the living wage
campaign.
We will then explore in small groups and in a community forum the
relevance of the talks to our own lives and our vision for Ithaca's
future.
Delicious regional cuisine will be served!

This event is the last of  a free community forum series, "CREATING A
JUST AND SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY STARTING FROM WHERE WE LIVE," which is
part of the Community Sustainability Project at Cornell's Center for
Religion, Ethics, and  Social Policy (CRESP). This series is an
opportunity to envision together an Ithaca region that supports the
long-term health of its neighborhoods, communities, and ecosystems.

The series has already spawned a  working group, Sustainable Cornell,
and an electronic network,  Sustainable Ithaca,  to carry forward the
visions that are emerging. Come and become a part of this hope-filled
process!

The series is made possible through major co-sponsorship from
EcoVillage at Ithaca, the Cornell University Department of Rural
Sociology, Cornell Center for the Environment, Student Sustainable
Agriculture Working Group, Ithaca College Department of Environmental
Studies, Ithaca College Environmental Society, Dilmun Hill Student
Farm, Greenstar Cooperative Market, and Alternatives Federal Credit
Union, with support from the Sierra Club, Citizen's Planning
Alliance, Tompkins County Green Party, and Finger Lakes Land Trust.

For more information, contact:
                                        Elan Shapiro
                                        elansla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        607-275-0249

"CHOICES FOR THE FUTURE OF TOMPKINS COUNTY"

--
Elan Shapiro