[greenbuild] Re: Intro/SW and EcoMuseum

  • From: Sandy Wold <swold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:23:43 -0400

Hi Everyone,
I guess I am on this list for now.  I really need to get off of it as I get
way too much email as it is, but I am very excited about this group
organizing!.  My name is Sandy Wold, I am a co-founder of a local nonprofit
called Center for Environmental Sustainability (CES) whose mission is to
develop educational programs to inspire communities in the transition to
environmental and economic balance.  Our big project/proposal is to develop
an EcoMuseum at the Cascadilla Boat House at Stewart Park.  We also publish
a quarterly newsletter which we welcome you all to submit articles about
local endeavors and interests.  We have explored the idea of creating an
"Eco Demonstration Home" in downtown Ithaca, but have tabled that for now
until we can build up our board of directors again.  Let me know if you
might be interested in becoming a board member.  The CES coordinates annual
Ithaca Earth Day Festivals, and are currently developing a bioregional
website for educators, students, and the public which should be up and
running soon.  To learn more, see www.ecomuseum.ithaca.ny.us.
Sandy

At 09:10 PM 4/7/01 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi everyone!
>
>I met the other day with a woman named Joey Gates (she's on this list
serve),
>who is interested in starting a business in Ithaca that would sell goods and
>services that support sustainable living.  We had a great conversation and
>are both thinking:"cooperative".
>
>So we are trying to get together an Open Space Event for Saturday, May 5th.
>Her friend Wally Woods has agreed to facilitate the event.
>
>We hope to frame objectives for the event, create a theme, find a location,
>and start inviting people over the course of the next week.  If anyone would
>like plan with us, let me know.  Or if you may be interested in attending
the
>event, put it on your calendar.
>
>Todd Saddler

Sandy Wold,  607-272-3814
128 Rachel Carson Way
Ithaca, NY  14850

"All the darkness in the world cannot put out the light of one small
candle..."  Philip James, the Candleman