[gptalk] Re: Uninstalling an app...

  • From: Frank <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:34:05 -0400

You could also create a transform (MST) that would add the script as
both a Custom Action and an Install Condition, this way it would run
whenever you assigned the new Package to a given target; the advantage
here is to not lose track of the script over time (like if it was left
as a startup script), and you're more easily able to target specific
workstations so you can deploy to smaller groups at a time, in order
to distribute the load or impact on your infrastructure.

F.