[gptalk] RDP Via GPO

  • From: "Robert Mariani" <Robert.Mariani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:54:18 +1100

Hi All,

  I'm having a bit of trouble getting RDP via GPO to work connecting to
XP clients as normal domain users.

I have created a GP with the following settings that applies to the
Computer object in the AD

Computer/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User
Rights Assignment/Allow logon through TS:

<domain>\Domain Admins, <domain>\Normal Staff Members, BUILTIN\Remote
Desktop Users, BUILTIN\Administrators.

Computer/Admin Templates/Windows Components/Terminal Services/Terminal
Server/Connections/Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal
Services:

                Enabled

The users that I want to logon remotely as are part of the "Normal Staff
Members".  The message I get after logging in as the user is

Domain admin can login ok and also if I manually add the user to the
local Remote Desktop Users group.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Robert Mariani