[gptalk] Does loopback processing apply to local user accounts or just domain accounts?

  • From: "Ireton, Doug" <doug.ireton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:25:05 -0700

Hi all,

We have Loopback processing turned on for one of our GPOs. Do the user-side
Loopback settings in that GPO apply to local users (i.e. local user acct on a
workstation) and domain users (i.e. acct exists on the domain controller) or
just domain users?

These are XP SP2 machines in a Windows 2003 Native domain.

Doug Ireton, Group Policy Engineer

SASE - Infrastructure Applications

Technology Infrastructure

Washington Mutual

1111 Third Avenue, EET 1734, Seattle, WA 98101

206.500.5964 direct | 206.412.3684 mobile

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If
you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and
immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or
disclosing the contents. Thank you.