[gpsbug] Winter Party

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:32:42 -0500

Just thought I'd fill in the guys and gals who could not make the party.

As usual, Becky did a great job on the food and beverages, and I did my
typically mediocre job of host/emcee.  Awards went out to Recovery, Anam
Cara, Alexis, and Rebecca J.  We also announced a new perpetual competitor
trophy to be awarded to the boat that had compiled the best score throughout
the year but never finished in the money (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in our series.

This year's competitor award went to Siga Siga, and Capt Mark gets to keep
it until next December.

We talked a bit about the upcoming New Year's Day race.  Looks like there
will be five or six boats out that day, and discussed getting together
sometime in the Spring to help build the floating dock for the high school
team.  We also took the opportunity to remind members that the team could
still use cash donations to help complete the purchase of materiels for the
dock.

See ya all New Year's Day.

John