[gpsbug] Re: Updated Website - revised rating

  • From: "john" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geochristian@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jwandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:21:24 -0400

Good question.  I'll have to say it depends.  Good lawyer answer, I know.
But it looks to me as if Alexis gives you about a minute nine, and you
should have been well clear before she started.  I didn't catch the entire
action, though, but I had Alexis starting on time and you a little late.
From where I sat, it looked to me as if you could have come about and taken
off.  I thought Alexis was to leeward of you and on Port tack, while you
were on Starboard.  All things being equal, you could hail her and she would
have to maneuver.  But you would have had to hold your course.  I don't know
if you could have tacked quickly enough in the air we had yesterday, and if
you couldn't have made the tack it might have been a dangerous situation.  I
think you handled it just fine.