[gpsbug] New Skipper, New Boat, New Boat, Old Skipper

  • From: "John Wandling" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:55:20 -0400

Guys and Gals:
Welcome Scott Blanford, Owner/Skipper of Boomerang, a Tartan 33 berthed
in the Warwick River.
Scott is going to try to make the last two races of the Spring series,
so I have assigned him a start time, even though Boomerang will not be
scored.  Scott will try to start to leeward of any boats starting near
him (Alexis, for example), which is being scored.  Tartan 33's do quite
well in PHRF around here, so I think we will have even more interesting
races.

Check the website for starting time(s).

Also note that Steve Butkus has purchased a Kirie 29 and will be racing
her later this year.  Nancy Susan, Steve's Catalina 22 is up for sale.
I think he is looking for $2500.00.  Would be a nice "starter" boat for
someone and the price sounds about right.

Good luck see ya next week on the River.

John