[gpsbug] FW: 2011 Norfolk Harborfest - Parade of Sail and Docking Information - June 9-11, 2011

  • From: "John" <j.wandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bruce Taylor" <cat3086@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'WhiteShoal \('Gpsbug@Freelists. Org '\)'" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 14:15:00 -0400

I'm thinking about doing the home town regatta and maybe whole thing.

  _____

From: Dawana Jennings <dawana.jennings@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM
June 9-11, 2011
To: Dawana Jennings <dawana.jennings@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello All Boaters and Yacht Clubs:

This is another exciting year for the boating community as we start off
another great boating season with Norfolk Festevent's - Harborfest - June 9
- 11, 2011 in downtown Norfolk.

The official Parade of Sail for Harborfest this year will be our "DRESS
REHEARSAL" for OPSAIL 2012 !!  Plan on bringing your boat to Harborfest THIS
YEAR to get a small 'glimpse' of what OPSAIL 2012 will have in store NEXT
YEAR !!

ATTACHED TO THIS EMAIL IS YOUR PERSONAL INVITATION to participate in the
Parade and includes all parade instructions -docking opportunities (see
"Yacht Club Rendezvous" docking information & registration form attached) -
racing opportunities with the Portsmouth Boat Club's Annual Hometowne
Regatta (see entry form attached), along with dockside parties with live
entertainment, yacht club socials, fireworks, free tall ship tours, Skippers
party, "Best Dressed Boat" PRIZES, Official Harborfest T-Shirt and Tote,
HarborFEAST!! and MORE !!

DOCKING SPACE IS VERY LIMITED !!!
FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED !

Please feel free to give me a call if you have any questions or need
additional information or printed forms.

(*Yacht Clubs - Please post this notice in your facility or contact me and I
will mail you a supply of forms....thank you.)

We look forward to seeing your boat in the grand parade of sail - , Friday,
June 10th and YOU at Harborfest - June 9-12, 2011 !!

/) Dawana Jennings
~~~
Yacht Club 'Rendezvous' Director
2011 Harborfest  - Norfolk Festevents
(757-424-4449 <tel:%28757-424-4449>  Direct)

cc:  Karen Scherberger - Executive Director - Norfolk Festevents
      Kenneth Payne - Maritime Manager - Norfolk Festevents
      Rob Robbins - Parade Commander - Harborfest
      Tim Leighton - Parade Commander - Harborfest
      Hank Moseley - Director - OPSAIL 2012