[gpsbug] Cancelled>RACE 6 WHITE SHOALS FALL RACE SERIES 2014

  • From: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:01:32 -0400 (EDT)

Race 6 is canceled since the weather for Sunday is not auspicious unless prepping for a Southern Ocean race in the Roaring 40s or perhaps San Francisco Bay. The Fall series is concluded.

The next White Shoals race will be on New Years Day. Let's see if we can meet the participation we had for the 2014 race!

Last week's race had near perfect conditions with some close racing, won by Recovery. Unless our eyes deceived us, Catrageous deserves an honorary DNS for the race.

Thanks,
Steve

Race 5 will start at 1340 (1:40PM) on GPS on Sunday 10/26/14 between Pagan River daymarks 2 & 3. Race committee will be on Channel 71. Hope to see you out there! Conditions look to be balmier than last week!

We had blustery conditions last week, mostly in the 18-20 kt range. Recovery cruised to a win.

Thanks,
Steve
377-7498

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:14 PM, s.butkus1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

The Fall 2014 series will get underway PM Sunday 9/28 for a 6 race series with 1 throw out. Please mark your calendars accordingly. More details to follow on sign ups, start times, etc.

Race Days: 9/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26, 11/2

First "gun" at 1330 & start at 1340 on GPS.
VHF channel 71 will be used for race coordination.

Come on out!

Please continue to stalk your docks & talk up our series with prospective racers. (Would be great to see more WYCC boats, Smithfield Station boats, etc.) If you know of anyone with a boat, encourage them to come out for some very casual, fun racing!

Thanks,

Steve
377-7498