[gps-talkusers] using streettalk VIP on Pacmate Omni to create a route

  • From: "Sara Rooz" <sararooz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 14:12:57 -0500

Hi:

I am totally blind and use a white cane to travel. I currently teach students
who are blind and visually impaired with additional disabilities. I am a
certified teacher of the blind and visually impaired in New York.  This past
year I purchased from Freedom Scientific the Pacmate Omni with the gps program
Streettalk VIp developed by Sendero Group and Freedom Scientific. I have learnt
how to switch from vehicular to pedestrian mode and vice versa and how to use
the "Where I am" feature. I would like to learn how to create a route using my
gps software Streettalk VIP installed on the Pacmate Omni. I use a Perkins
Braille keyboard for input and have a 20 cell refreshable Braille display and
speech. Can anyone give me precise instructions on how to create a route using
my note taker Pacmate Omni with gps software streetalk VIP version 2? Thanks
for any responses.

I am sure I'll benefit immensely in participating on this listserv.

Sara Rooz