[gps-talkusers] static navigation on the us-globalsat bt-359

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:20:34 -0700

I know that most here are using the M1000 but as a side note, the us-globalsat bt-359 it turns out has static navigation disabled out of the box (at least firmware v3.2.2). I'm surprised because most receivers seem to have the 5KM/H limit hard set from the factory and you have to disable this "feature" each time you power up. I can't speak to their performance with the Sindero product (yet) but the receivers themselves seem pretty rock solid. I'm using two of them for generating time code in my home lab and they cold start / acquire pretty rapidly. I mention the static nav issue because some time ago someone had asked about the bt series so if this is archived at least there's a little more followup.

Thanks
Scott