[gps-talkusers] problem with virtual mode and pois when walking

  • From: david horwood <davetherave101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:15:49 +0000

Hi

When I use the ms command key in mobile geo it only lasts for the
time that is set in mobile speak control pannel. So for example when
i'm in virtual mode i can only get the key to stay active for 10
seconds max and then there is a beep sound as it deactivates. This
beep can often interrupt what MS is saying so it can take twice as
long to explore the map. Does anyone else have this
problem?
Also, when i have the look around announcements enabled mobile geo
often reports pois that have no relevance to the location i am
actually in but they are always within 1 to 3 miles. When i contacted
code factory support they said this was a known bug and they have
forwarded the info to sendero. I've heard some podcasts of people in
the US walking with geo and this problem doesn't seem to occur
there so maybe its a UK map specific problem

One more problem I have is unrelated but I wanted to see if anyone
else had experienced it. I can’t get MS to read my caller ID when
someone calls me. It doe speak their name as the ringtone is playing
but this is hard to hear and when I get the ringtone muted MS won’t
repeat their name

Hope someone can help…

Dave