[gps-talkusers] Re: pedestrian units

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:00:09 -0800

Two slight clarifications on Andy's statements.

If you have no device at all, then a Breeze or Trekker are relatively less expensive at $1699 for the Trekker. If you already have a Voice Sense for Example or a PK, both are quite small and the addition of GPS is less expensive than Trekker.

Geo on a phone is also less than Trekker if you already have the phone and screen reader.

For low vision users, Garmin has a 5 inch screen Nuvi. I think it is the 1470T. Most GPS screens are in the 3 inch range.

There is also the Trekker from Humanware. Less sophisticated than Sendero, but much less expensive and easier to learn to use. Also, much more portable, as it uses a PDA, which can easily slip into a briefcase or coat pocket, or be worn on a belt, or clipped to a guide dog harness.

Andy