[gps-talkusers] new AfterShokz Bluez model 2

  • From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 09:43:37 -0700

I just received my new Bluetooth headphones. Apparently, they are
backordered until June if you didn't get yours already.

As I mentioned when I played with the prototype, there are several
improvements. I think the primary improvement is reliability, comfort and
sound. They moved the electronics from the back of the band  to the front
near the ear pieces. My old unit died on me a couple times and I had to have
them replaced. My theory is that the flexing of the band when you took the
headset off and on would tweak the electronics. With them on the side, this
shouldn't be an issue.

I think the sound is better as is the sound isolation. The phones go pretty
loud so you do have to turn them down when around other people. The new
model has two Equalization  modes for music.

If you do get a pair, I caution you to be careful opening the flap for the
charging port. It is right between two buttons and you don't want to peel a
button off instead of opening the flap. One option might be to cut the flap
off so you can more easily feel where the port is.

I really think it is useful to have earphones, which don't cover my ears. If
I am not expecting a call or when not using GPS, I drop the headset down
around my neck so I can easily hear an incoming call and put them back on my
ears quickly.

I believe the price currently is $99. Look for more details at
http://www.aftershokz.com