[gps-talkusers] license for mobile speak and geo

  • From: "alice dampman Humel" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:06:16 -0500

Hi, all,
    I'll try to make this short and to the point: my cell phone
with mobile speak and geo (not the latest versions) has died. I
need a new phone like *now*, because I'm going out of town. I
don't have time to mess with all that license transfer stuff
right now. So here's the question: a friend has a phone with the
latest mobile speak and geo on it. If I buy that phone from him,
stick my sim card in it and get it switched to my phone number,
will mobile speak or geo work for me temporarily until I get back
and transfer the license? As long as I don't expect any tech
support or anything from code facgtory, and since the programs
are installed on the new phone, will especially mobile speak run
on the phone anyhow? I'm not as concerned with geo as I am with
mobile speak...
Thanks.
in haste,
Alice