[gps-talkusers] Re: iPhone and GPS, was Question

  • From: Mike Arrigo <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:16:27 -0500

I have used GPS on the iphone since I got it a few weeks ago, I don't use a
headset or a braille display, just the built in speaker. I'm with t-mobile, I
bought a factory unlocked iphone, because I'm happy with t-mobile and did not
want to switch. The sendero app is great for learning what is around you, and
it's a great app to have alongside the navigon or TomTom apps. You can do other
things on the phone while following roots. I would say the only thing you
really can't do with the iphone is virtually explore the map, but, at least for
me, that's not a big loss. Both the navigon and TomTom apps will provide spoken
instructions when walking.