[gps-talkusers] Re: holex

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 07:27:38 -0800

Hello Scott
For pedestrian use I don't think it makes a difference. In certain cases it may make sense to have an external antenna, like in a vehicle which doesn't let GPS signals in you could put in the external antenna magnetic mount to the roof and have the cable come in through a window opened up a crack. Same idea if you can't get signals in a building you can have the antenna on the roof, but then you will only get stationary GPS signals not much help unless you are testing.

Hope this helps.
Charles.

At 12:20 AM 1/5/2008, you wrote:
How much difference does an external antenna make?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard Kaufman" <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>