[gps-talkusers] Re: finding pois

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:16:19 +0100

Michael

The only way to find a POI is by using the search facility. If you make the
start distance too far away or the end distance too far from the start
distance the search will take a very long time even if you specify POI
category and give a POI string.

What I suggest you do is set your virtual position in the town you want to
visit. I would do this by selecting a named street and then selecting a
cross street. If you don't know a street name in the town use something like
High Street or in the North of England Front Street (Church Street, Station
Road and Market Street are other reasonable bets). Then with the virtual
position set to this nominal point do your normal search starting with say 0
and 5 miles are your search distances.

Once you have found your POI you can set it as your destination and create
the route to it.

If you want to discuss British maps and appropriate techniques off list feel
free to contact me.

Steve Bingham

steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx