[gps-talkusers] e: Re: Heading Unknow

  • From: richard synnott <richardsynnott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 05:20:50 +0100

Hi,
what gps receiver are you using?
I wouldn't mind betting that you're not using the holux m1000.
When you are able to, invest in this receiver and it will solve this problem. It's the best piece of equipment I've bought this year. It's transformed my gps system, making it an absolutely invaluable mobility aid. I've not had less than 8 sattellites so far, and am usually acquiring 10-11, and sometimes 12. also, I can now walk really slowly and still get a heading, whereas before I bought the m-1000, I couldn't get a heading no matter how fast I walked.
Bear in mind, though, that I use a long cane, not a dog.
Regards, Richard.